Thursday 21 February 2008

Thursday 21 February 2008


I used this design to teach my ladies how to do a medallion quilt. I made mine king size and love the lovely spring colours of pink and green. I took the design from www.blockcentral.com and it's called The Many Designs of Friendship.
It went together brilliantly, every round fitted perfectly.
It took about 15 weeks to finish - a two hour lesson every week, plus working at home for the ladies who made the larger size quilt.
I've been cutting strips today for a log cabin quilt. I'm using foundation piecing to make it. I will post a picture when I have a few blocks to show.
I picked up tickets today for our holiday in Sharm-el-Sheikh. We travel 6 March from Manchester and we're getting excited about it now. We've had a really stressful three months since we found out Dave was to be made redundant, and we really need this break.
More soon,
Peace to all

No comments: